The Phase-II of Stage-II of Vamsadhara Project is intended to create an Irrigation Potential of 45,000 Acres and stabilizing the existing ayacut of 2,10,510 Acres under Left & Right Main Canals. The cost of the project is Rs. 933.90 Crores and administratively approved vide G.O.Ms. No. 33, dated 25.02.2005.
The Project Components are:
1) Construction of a side weir on Right bank of Vamsadhara River at Katragada (Village) Bhamini Mandal for diverting the flood waters into flood flow canal. A regulator for regulatory flows into flood flow canal and silt excluder for diverting excess water into the river.
2) A Flood Flow Canal about 34 Km length with two balancing reservoirs at Singidi and Parapuram Villages en-route irrigating 20,000 Acres.
3) Hiramandalam Reservoir with 19.05 Tmc capacity with head sluices for High Level Canal, Link Canal and Spillway regulator.
4) A High Level Canal to irrigate 5,000 Acres.
5) A Link Canal to connect the Right Main Canal @ Ch. 2.670 km from Hiramandalam Reservoir to supplement the deficit requirement under Left & Right Main Canals.
|Latitude||:||18° 59' 34'' N|
|Longitude||:||83° 48' 12'' E|
|District||:||Srikakulam (Andhra Pradesh)|
|Village||:||Near Katragada Village on Alikam - Bathili Road|
|Catchment Area at Katragaa||:||7895 Sq.Km (3050 Sq.m)|
|Mean Annual Rainfall||:||1194 mm (47")|
|Average Monsoon Rainfall||:||1067 mm (42"Â)|
|Maximum Flood Discharge during September 1980 at Neradi site.||:||6.00 Lakh cusecs (16,900 cumecs)|
|75% dependable yield at Gotta (115 TMC) agreed by Orissa and Andhra Pradesh||:||3256.46 M.Cum|
|Description||Details As per Approved Hydraulic Particulars|
|Crest Level||:||+70.400 m|
|D/s F.S.L||:||+70.240 m|
|Average Bed Level of River||:||+69.500 m|
|Crest Level||:||+69.500 m|
|Flood Flow Canal (from km 0.000 to km 5.214 i.e., up to Infall Regulator of Singidi Balancing Reservoir)|
|Canal Section||:||36.50 m x 5.084 m|
|Bed Fall||:||1 in 12,000|
|Canal Bed Level @ km 0.000||:||+66.370 m|
|Full Supply Level @ km 0.000||:||+71.454 m|
|Canal Bed Level @ km 5.214||:||+65.936 m|
|Full Supply Level @ km 5.214||:||+71.020 m|
|Singidi Balancing Reservoir|
|Storage Capacity||:||0.0686 tmc|
|Length of Earth Bund||:||2.10 km|
|Self Catchment Area||:||12.608 Sq. km|
|Water Spread Area @ F.R.L.||:||0.799 Sq. km|
|Flood Flow Canal (from km 6.834 i.e., Outfall Regulator of Singidi Balancing Reservoir to km 26.217 i.e., Infall Regulator of Parapuram Balancing Reservoir)|
|Canal Section||:||36.50 m x 4.45 m|
|Canal Bed Level @ km 6.834||:||+65.555 m|
|Full Supply Level @ km 6.834||:||+70.005 m|
|Canal Bed Level @ km 26.217||:||+63.940 m|
|Full Supply Level @ km 26.217||:||+68.390 m|
|Parapuram Balancing Reservoir|
|Storage Capacity||:||0.404 tmc|
|Length of Earth Bund||:||2.500 km|
|Self Catchment Area||:||13.19 Sq. km|
|Water Spread Area @ F.R.L.||:||2.565 Sq. km|
|Flood Flow Canal (from km 29.127 i.e., Outfall Regulator of Parapuram Balancing Reservoir to km 33.107 i.e., Infall Regulator of Hiramandalam Reservoir)|
|Canal Section||:||36.50 m x 4.45 m|
|Canal Bed Level @ km 29.127||:||+63.082 m|
|Full Supply Level @ km 29.127||:||+67.532 m|
|Canal Bed Level @ km 33.107||:||+62.750 m|
|Full Supply Level @ km 33.107||:||+67.200 m / 67.050 m|
|Gross Storage Capacity||:||19.359 tmc|
|Live Storage Capacity||:||16.685 tmc|
|Length of Earth Bund||:||7.20 km|
|Self Catchment Area||:||79.00 Sq. km|
|Water Spread Area @ F.R.L.||:||31.67 Sq. km|
The project is intended to create irrigation potential to an extent of 45,000 Acres and stabilization of existing ayacut under Left & Right Main Canals as follows.
1) Under Flood Flow Canal : 20,000 Acres.
2) High Level Canal : 5,000 Acres.
3) Right Main Canal (Sugarcane Crop) : 20,000 Acres
4) Stabilization Under existing Left & Right Main Canals : 2,10,510 Acres
The new & stabilizing ayacut exists in Palakonda, Pathapatnam, Amadalavalasa, Palasa, Tekkali, Narasannapeta, Srikakulam Assembly constituencies of Srikakulam District.
Total Land Acquisition involved is 11,542 Acres. 4 Nos of L.A Units have been establishment for L.A & R.R. 34 villages are affected under the proposed reservoirs. Socio Economic Survey is completed. 11,238 Acres of Land has been handed over to the Department. An amount of Rs. 233.01 Crores has been incurred towards Land Acquisition and Rs. 95.93 Crores under R&R. Land acquisition for important components has been completed.