|Location||:||On River Godavari near Pattisam (V) Polavaram (M), W.G.Dist|
|Total discharge||:||240 Cumecs (8500cusecs)|
|Minimum water Level||:||+14.00 m|
|Delivery level||:||+ 42.50 m|
|Types of pumps||:||Vertical Turbine Pumps|
|No of pumps||:||24 Nos|
|Discharge of each pump||:||10Cumecs (354 Cusecs)|
|Pressure main||:||12 Rows of 3.2 mts Dia|
|Length of pressure main||:||3.925 Km|
|Capacity of each pump||:||5300 H.P (3.95MW)|
|Capacity of each Motor||:||6300HP(4.70MW)|
|Total power required||:||113MW|
|Administrative approval||:||G.O.Ms.No. 1, Dt: 01.01.2015 for Rs.1300.00 Crores Scheme.|
|Cost of the scheme||:||Rs.1299.900Crores|
|Executing Agency||:||M/s Megha Engineering & Infrastructures Ltd|
|Benefits||:||(i) Get early benefits of Polavaram Project under Right Main Canal. (ii) Balance Irrigation Potential of 1.20lakh Acres in Krishna and West Godavari Districts will be provided with water early (iii) Facilitates in raising early seed beds in Krishna Delta and stabilize|
1) Get early benefits of Polavaram Project under Right Main Canal.
2) Balance Irrigation Potential of 1.20lakh Acres in Krishna and West Godavari Districts will be provided with water early.
3) Facilitates in raising early seed beds in Krishna Delta and stabilizes the Krishna Delta ayacut.
4) Meets drinking water and Industrial water needs in the command areas.
5) The Krishna water thus saved in Krishna Delta due to augmentation from river Godavari can be retained in Srisailam Reservoir.
6) The water so retained in Srisailam Reservoir can be utilized for the surplus water based Projects of Rayalaseema i.e., HNSS, GNSS, Telugu Ganga and the Irrigation, drinking water and industrial water needs of the Rayalaseema Region can be met.
7) Proposed to lift 8500 Cusecs of water from River Godavari near Pattisam village. Deliver into Polavaram Right Main Canal at about Km 1.50.
8) It is proposed to transfer about 80 TMC of Godavari water during flood season to River Krishna.